Selling Your Projects
Submitted:|| 13th July, 2003
Getting games and applications made in Multimedia Fusion and The Games Factory has always beem a hard thing to accomplish for several different reasons:
- Restrictions on selling your games placed down by Clickteam
- Companies will not publish Click games as they see them as unprofessional.
In actual fact, half of the free games made with Click programs are better than the so-called professional ones published! In this article, I'm going to go over some of the different ways you could sell something that you have made in Click projects. Before that though...
The Games Factory
- You cannot sell games that you have made in The Games Factory. You need to purchase The Games Factory Pro.
The Games Factory Pro
- You can sell games made with TGF Pro but you are required to place a logo somewhere in your game to show it has been made with TGF.
Multimedia Fusion 1.5
- You can sell games made with MMF 1.5 but you are required to place a Fueled By Fusion logo somewhere in your game and on any retail boxes of the game.
Multimedia Fusion 1.5 Pro
- You can sell games you make in MMF 1.5 Pro without any restrictions.
Now that that's out of the way, let's get onto some of the methods you could use to sell your game...
Paypal is a website that lets you transfer money from your credit card account to another person's account. This means that you have a way of getting the money for your game across, but still have to figure out a way to distribute the game.
- Easy to use
- Take a small percentage of all money that is sent through Paypal
Cafepress have recently introduced CDs to their product line-up, meaning you can put your game onto a professionally mastered CD and have it produced and distributed at no cost to yourself.
- Free and easy to use
- You get your project on professionally made CD-ROMs!
- Will accept any game as long as it is not infringing on copyright restrictions
- Get money from the sales
- Expensive shipping to international countries
Share-It is a website which lets you sell shareware products over the internet.
- Easy to use
- Download games only
iDigicon is a professional game publishing company that has been publishing games for years. It will publish nearly any game which is of a high quality.
- Professional game publishing company
- Your game will appear in stores!
- May not publish Click games
Well, there you have it - some of the ways that you could publish your project! Hope this article helps.