i've been blessed with a bit of inspiration recently and taking advantage of it, the initial results are as follows
i haven't started any coding yet but i have a solid idea of how this game will play
so far this idea is designed around 2 players duking it out with each other but the final sprite set should have more than enough actions to create a main character in a platform game so that's still an area yet untouched.
pretty simple idea
falling power ups
various play modes
- king of the hill style of play where players try to knock each other into pits either on the edges of a level of spread throughout the level
- mayhem battling with amusing moves
just trying to have some fun with this right now
i've still got ideas for level designs, character designs, moves/actions/attacks, enemie designs for when i come up with a crappy story of a platformer =P
these were made in graphics gale and some of the animations's seem to have slowed some after saving them in a gif format ... must be a bug in the program =/
lol really sorry about the size of these sprites everyone, it's tedious resizing each and every frame. does anyone knows of a program that could do it easily?
and sorry about not labeling the animations either, DaVince pretty much has the idea though =P
1. running (the thing bouncing up and down is a cap)
2. power kick or something equivalent to a strong forward moving kick, just think johnny cage from mortal combat (again, the thing that comes off is a cap and it throws it back on with a pose to finish =P)
3. it's a lick attack for stealing the enemy's power-up (i think everyone knows by know what that little thing is that comes off haha)
4. jumping and then chomping to get to the power-up quicker than waiting for it to hit the ground
5. just like DaVince named it, fart of death. it farts then stands there for a bit, drops to his bum, sits there for a bit, takes a big sigh of relief, then just drops down lying
and thanks for the compliment! =
DaVince This fool just HAD to have a custom rating
20th August, 2007 at 11:59:24 AM -
Wait, I recognize it better now... I thought it was some kind of dude that has split up body parts, but it is in fact one big monstery head with arm and feet?!
@DaVince: yup! it is in fact what you say it to be, except now with out the arms since i'm planning on taking the arms out except for attacks requiring the use of the arm/hand/fist/etc so it will have arms except they are retracted when not in use
@hishnak: well, the third animation WAS inspired by the way cartoon dogs lick so it's not surprising that the thought would come to mind and i can see how the last one could seem like a butterfly =P
here are some more animations for your viewing pleasure or to strain your eyes ... one or the other hehe
1. redesigned running animation for the blob creature, i took out the arms and made it more cylindrical so the rotation looks nice and smooth
2. the idle animation for a fire creature (how generic =P)
3. running animation for the fire creature
4. running animation for a flytrap creature, i quite like the end result as the leaf trap wasn't very easy to pixel, it was a lot of try and fail before i got it right
5. running animation for a rock creature
6. this is where is rough out ideas before i go to animate them and as you can see, i've started thinking up larger sprites
sooo ... i've been working up stories in my head for these guys and this is the general flow of things so far.
There was once a gigantic mindless blob that would absorb anything smaller that it came in contact with which was also a small living planet that travelled around 3 solar systems. With it's path around each sun constantly changing from being hit with comets and asteriods which eventually pushed the blob to collide with a planet containing bacterial life in one of the solar systems moving the planet a little closer to the sun allowing for the perfect temperature for life.
i think that's all i've delve into for now, i'll save some more for later