The Daily Click ::. Forums ::. General Chat ::. Just joined
 

Post Reply  Post Oekaki 
 

Posted By Message

austiko



Registered
  11/03/2018 21:35:56
Points
  1
11th March, 2018 at 11/03/2018 21:49:50 -

I just joined this site because I wanted to start making games and since I'm the only user on this site right now i guess this site is now a barren wasteland

 
idk

Hayo

Stone Goose

Registered
  15/08/2002
Points
  6658

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!VIP MemberGOTM 3RD PLACE! - APRIL 2009Weekly Picture Me This Round 27 Winner!
12th March, 2018 at 12/03/2018 12:01:09 -

It is

 
www.hayovanreek.nl

The MPP

This dude doesn't deserve a custom rating

Registered
  06/11/2017 15:06:39
Points
  1154
12th March, 2018 at 12/03/2018 14:19:32 -


Originally Posted by austiko
I just joined this site because I wanted to start making games and since I'm the only user on this site right now i guess this site is now a barren wasteland



TDC has been slowly getting a bit more active recently, so "barren wasteland" Isn't really the term I would use. The admins should just be a bit more active, that's all.

Anyway, welcome to The Daily Click!

 
Some say I'm a piece of slime pretending to be a human, some say I'm a human pretending to be a piece of slime.

My company's site : http://slimeproductions.webs.com/
My personal site : http://wwwthemppssite.webs.com/
My artwork site : http://morganartwork.webs.com/

UrbanMonk

BRING BACK MITCH

Registered
  07/07/2008
Points
  50147

Has Donated, Thank You!Little Pirate!ARGH SignKliktober Special Award TagPicture Me This Round 33 Winner!The Outlaw!VIP MemberHasslevania 2!I am an April FoolKitty
12th March, 2018 at 12/03/2018 16:01:22 -

There used to be a GOTW every week. That's how many submissions we'd get.

I think the decline happened after Clickteam stopped featuring the site on their sidebar.

 
n/a

OMC

What a goofball

Registered
  21/05/2007
Points
  3326

KlikCast Musician! Guy with a HatSomewhat CrazyARGH SignLikes TDCHas Donated, Thank You!Retired Admin
12th March, 2018 at 12/03/2018 19:07:35 -

"The site is dead" has been going on for probably 80% of TDC's existence at this point. It may have been the very first meme.

Admin activity is a bit of a chicken-egg problem, unfortunately.

 

  		
  		

Liquixcat

Administrator
Lazy Coder

Registered
  08/12/2002
Points
  442086

VIP MemberLikes TDCKitty
13th March, 2018 at 13/03/2018 10:16:33 -

Admins need to get off their butts and post things.

 
thinking is like pong, it's easy, but you miss sometimes.

The MPP

This dude doesn't deserve a custom rating

Registered
  06/11/2017 15:06:39
Points
  1154
13th March, 2018 at 13/03/2018 12:50:00 -


Originally Posted by Liquixcat
Admins need to get off their butts and post things.



How about an article about the 12 games that have been released since the last news post? :/

Edited by The MPP

 
Some say I'm a piece of slime pretending to be a human, some say I'm a human pretending to be a piece of slime.

My company's site : http://slimeproductions.webs.com/
My personal site : http://wwwthemppssite.webs.com/
My artwork site : http://morganartwork.webs.com/

LordHannu



Registered
  22/04/2007
Points
  486

VIP MemberStarTeddy BearRibbon
13th March, 2018 at 13/03/2018 16:20:17 -

Welcome to daily click.

 
-Geniusly dumb.

Liquixcat

Administrator
Lazy Coder

Registered
  08/12/2002
Points
  442086

VIP MemberLikes TDCKitty
13th March, 2018 at 13/03/2018 20:08:50 -

Yeah The MPP, that'd be great. Let's see if one of the several other admins feel like tackling that. I made a mission to post a news post every 10 or less days for many months (as you've probably noticed) and the ROI is abysmal. Not to mention a few bits of harassment for even doing so. If I could see some other admins put in a tiny amount of effort then maybe I'd go back to that but as it stands now I don't think that's going to happen.

Sometimes you just gotta accept the reality of the situation.

 
thinking is like pong, it's easy, but you miss sometimes.

The Chris Street

Administrator
Unspeakably Lazy Admin

Registered
  14/05/2002
Points
  50114

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffAcoders MemberKlikCast StarVIP MemberPicture Me This Round 35 Winner!Second GOTW AwardYou've Been Circy'd!Picture Me This Round 38 Winner!GOTM December Third Place!!
I am an April FoolKliktober Special Award Tag
14th March, 2018 at 14/03/2018 18:18:34 -

The site does need to be taken in a different direction now. The architecture is outdated, plus the admins of the past have moved on and don't make games so much anymore. I've hardly had the time to commit to TDC anymore and I do apologize for that. I just don't really play klik games these days.

I think Clickteam has indirectly and inadvertantly helped to kill this site too. TDC used to be an online community where games were made freely and shared across the net. While that is still the case, the exporters released mean that the vast majority of developers want a piece of the financial pie, and tend to spend a very long time making their games for iOS, Android or Steam.

Nobody wants to release games for free anymore, sadly, but the release of certain free games often inspired friendly competition between developers to try and match, or beat, the quality of said game. The number of times I've seen games try and be a "Destruction Carnival" or "Eternal Daughter" beater has diminished substantially.

The sad reality is that the indie game market is booming, a huge number of developers are out for themselves and wants to establish a name for themselves, while cutting into a slice of the financial pie - which can be lucrative. New klikkers to the scene will never remember a time of free sharing, they will be born and bred into a changed online world, wanting a piece of that financial pie for themselves.

 
n/a

The MPP

This dude doesn't deserve a custom rating

Registered
  06/11/2017 15:06:39
Points
  1154
14th March, 2018 at 14/03/2018 19:18:16 -


Originally Posted by The Chris Street
The site does need to be taken in a different direction now. The architecture is outdated, plus the admins of the past have moved on and don't make games so much anymore. I've hardly had the time to commit to TDC anymore and I do apologize for that. I just don't really play klik games these days.

I think Clickteam has indirectly and inadvertantly helped to kill this site too. TDC used to be an online community where games were made freely and shared across the net. While that is still the case, the exporters released mean that the vast majority of developers want a piece of the financial pie, and tend to spend a very long time making their games for iOS, Android or Steam.

Nobody wants to release games for free anymore, sadly, but the release of certain free games often inspired friendly competition between developers to try and match, or beat, the quality of said game. The number of times I've seen games try and be a "Destruction Carnival" or "Eternal Daughter" beater has diminished substantially.

The sad reality is that the indie game market is booming, a huge number of developers are out for themselves and wants to establish a name for themselves, while cutting into a slice of the financial pie - which can be lucrative. New klikkers to the scene will never remember a time of free sharing, they will be born and bred into a changed online world, wanting a piece of that financial pie for themselves.



That's actually pretty sad
I remember checking the site very often and dreaming to be part of the TDC community one day and release my own games. But I guess I was too late to be part of that community. Tho the site has been getting a bit more active recently, which does give me a small amount of hope.

 
Some say I'm a piece of slime pretending to be a human, some say I'm a human pretending to be a piece of slime.

My company's site : http://slimeproductions.webs.com/
My personal site : http://wwwthemppssite.webs.com/
My artwork site : http://morganartwork.webs.com/

The Chris Street

Administrator
Unspeakably Lazy Admin

Registered
  14/05/2002
Points
  50114

Game of the Week WinnerClickzine StaffAcoders MemberKlikCast StarVIP MemberPicture Me This Round 35 Winner!Second GOTW AwardYou've Been Circy'd!Picture Me This Round 38 Winner!GOTM December Third Place!!
I am an April FoolKliktober Special Award Tag
15th March, 2018 at 15/03/2018 18:50:49 -

You'll be pleased to know there are two (count em!) news posts today

 
n/a

UrbanMonk

BRING BACK MITCH

Registered
  07/07/2008
Points
  50147

Has Donated, Thank You!Little Pirate!ARGH SignKliktober Special Award TagPicture Me This Round 33 Winner!The Outlaw!VIP MemberHasslevania 2!I am an April FoolKitty
16th March, 2018 at 16/03/2018 15:38:20 -


Originally Posted by Liquixcat
Not to mention a few bits of harassment for even doing so.



What? Really?

Why would you get harassed for doing your job!

 
n/a

Joshtek

Administrator


Registered
  02/01/2002
Points
  1907

Game of the Week WinnerHas Donated, Thank You!Mr Ball
17th March, 2018 at 17/03/2018 10:10:12 -

Welcome to The Daily Click. The days where it was all about making free indie games for others to enjoy and the pleasure of managing to find a group of like-minded hobbyists from across the world to collaborate with on a game was pretty great. That said, I didn't begrudge paying for my copy of Locked 7 on CD-ROM and I don't begrudge people wanting to make money from their creations.

Edited by an Administrator

 
:: Joshtek ::


Oreos? GO! OREOS!

Liquixcat

Administrator
Lazy Coder

Registered
  08/12/2002
Points
  442086

VIP MemberLikes TDCKitty
18th March, 2018 at 18/03/2018 00:19:18 -


Originally Posted by UrbanMonk

Originally Posted by Liquixcat
Not to mention a few bits of harassment for even doing so.



What? Really?

Why would you get harassed for doing your job!



I guess they didn't like it lol.

 
thinking is like pong, it's easy, but you miss sometimes.
   

Post Reply



 



Advertisement

Worth A Click