A Bat & Ball space-romp that was created via TheGamesFactory in 2005.
- Setup your Bat using a multitude of features, abilities and special attacks that can be purchased through statistic points.
- Six special attacks, all of which can be powered up to three different levels of strength each.
- Weather effects, obstacles and retaliating blocks attempt to hinder your progress.
- Each level can be played through five different difficulty settings.
- Statistics page takes note of your progress through the game, as well as tolling up a rank depending on the levels & difficulty you have played on.
Wow... for a first game, wow. Very impressive. Most people here start off making a Breakout clone but I've never seen one this complex from a first-timer. The only thing I can think to say is that you've probably made it a bit too complicated; I can't imagine many people who would be willing to set up so many stats etc just for a Breakout game. What else can I say? The game is graphically consistent, seems solidly programmed, good choice of sound and music. Overall it's probably the best "first game" I've seen here. How long did it take you incidentally?
Well I dont want to rest on my laurels just yet!
There's still lots of work that needs to be done on the game.
Once I get used to patch maker, I'll upload some more features.
I'm considering adding a Win v Level stat pages (much like a league table) which shows Victories & Losses vs Levels and their difficulty.
I've so many ideas to put to use that I dont know where to start!
Try using the picture or active picture object, then loading an external .jpg or .gif at run time (using appdrive$+appdir$+"background.jpg") for the background pics. That way the game would be smaller.
Exellent work, it's not often that you see someone in produce something as good looking and as well thought out as this, though yes, it is a little buggy, and it's very rare indeed that you see someone produce a 1st klik game as good as this.