Advanced isometric engine, demo and tutorial
Submitted:|| 1st December, 2006
Edited By RedHades on 2/6/2010
This is the first version of my isometric engine that features:
- Free movements and ultra-precise collisions.
- Real 3D environment, with conversion to 2D coordinates.
- An efficient layer sorting process for objects moving under, over and behind other objects.
- Support for grouped objects and multiple object instances.
- Moving objects of variable sizes.
This is a demo and a tutorial, so it has a lot of comments in the code.
And I also made a large document that explains all the tricks and theories used in the engine. It explains everything you need to know to exploit the engine and expand from it.
But itís still aimed at experienced MMF users.
So you will need to good knowledge of all these things if you want to understand how the engine works:
- Working with loops, nested loop and loop index.
- Working with arrays, 3D array coordinates and their relation with array index.
- Working with the extensions used; Isometric Grid 2 and Layer Object.
- Understanding how MMF selects object instances with conditions.
- Understanding special functions like abs(), int(), min(), max() and mod.
- Basic 3D math for volumes, distances and coordinates.
The demo show small rooms without scrolling, but it can still support large environments.
You can get the needed extension with the MMF bonus packs.
* MMF2 only, sorry
Review This Download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4510070/MMF/RedhadesIsometricEngineV1.zip (512 kkb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite