Author:|| Bjorn Morrison
Submitted:|| 24th April, 2012
Tickle Dice is a new solitaire, dice-rolling, poker-hand-making card game from Purple Dog Games. I'd love for you to play it, write about it and tell your audience what you think.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZ3x3zpaM4
Here's the website: http://www.purpledoggames.com
You can use the discount code "reviewcopy" to get a review copy for free.
What's the game about?
Place cards in a 5 by 5 grid to earn dice per suit. Use those dice to battle your opponent. A unique card game with endless replayability. Yes it's casual, but there's a layer of strategy that's deceptively deep, and nicely addictive.
• Solitaire meets poker meets dice. With suits. Don’t worry, it’s very easy to learn.
• Arrange and re-arrange cards on a grid to make numbers go higher. Higher numbers are great.
• An extensive tutorial and 9 campaigns to play through.
• 60 opponents for you to battle against.
• Beat your friends’ highest score in Challenge Mode.
• Beat your own highest scores in Challenge Mode (for those without friends).
• 10 fiendish puzzles to solve, in the cleverly named Puzzle Mode.
• ‘Total one handed mouse only control’ ™ means multitasking at lunchtime just got easier.
• It costs US$2.50. No need to wait for it to go on sale or to part of some bundle, grab it today.
Who is Purple Dog Games?
It's me, Bjorn Morrison. I used to work for Auran, The Creative Assembly and Sega Studios Australia. I've been a QA monkey, Associate Producer, Scrum Master, Writer and Designer. Before all that, I wrote Digital Policy for the Australian federal government in Canberra, and also worked for Creative Commons Australia. I changed my name from Bjorn Bednarek to Bjorn Morrison when I got married, which screws up most internet searches and credits listings for me, but kept my wife much happier.
Thanks for you your time, I hope you enjoy Tickle Dice.
If you'd like more information, an interview, or just want to tell me what you thought, please email me back. This is the first time I've done this (made a game by myself, asked people to review it, asked people to buy it!), so any tips would be welcomed.
Review This Download
http://www.purpledoggames.com/tickle-dice (7 mb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite