Submitted:|| 10th February, 2008
Genre:|| Real Time Strategy
Edited By bobshishka on 2/12/2008
Ok, first off there are some fascist and communist symbols in the game, donít freak out, I donít promote fascism or communism, they are there for historical accuracy, also there is alot of dying in the game.
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way:
Red alert is a tower defense game where you hold your position against waves of German infantry and tanks.
You will be playing as the Russian army and will have 6 different troops that you can deploy
Once you start on your first mission you will be shown what kind of enemy troops you will face, then you will have 45 seconds to deploy your troops before the enemy arrives. Alternately you can press space bar to start the enemy wave.
The wave will last however long it takes for the timer to reach zero.
Your funds meter increases over time, and your funds meter will decrease if you deploy troops (troop costs are on the right hand side of your screen)
After each wave you will be given a password, this can be used with the top left menu to continue from a point in the game.
Space Bar-- this will start the wave of enemies
Up,Down,Left,Right,-- these keys move your cursor around the field. Troops will be deployed on the cursor.
1,2,3,4,5,6-- keys will deploy troops based on their number
(Num pad) 1,2,3,4,5-- these will activate cheats (cheats are unlocked when you beat the game)
Pause-- to pause use the top left menu
1.Infantry-10 funds-equipped with a rifle they can cause huge damage to enemy infantry
2.Grenadire-20 funds-with a submachine gun they have shorter range than infantry, but they lob grenades at the enemy.
3. Rocketeer-30 funds- with an anti tank rocket these troops pack a big bang, but they donít have a high rate of fire.
4. Machinegunner-40 funds- with a low profile and a heavy machine gun these troops slice through enemy infantry.
5. Tank-100 funds- tanks have a lot of health and allot of firepower, they have a cannon, which will obliterate other tanks, and a machinegun that will obliterate enemy infantry.
6. Sand bags- 10 funds- these sand bags protect from enemy rockets and flamethrowers, (they dont stop bullets they just make them less lethal).
Note- tanks and sandbags are not available on the first wave.
1. Infantry- with a submachine gun they have low range and firepower, but they have huge numbers.
2. Officer- armed with an assault rifle these guys have medium range and high firepower.
3. Tank- the Germans field a light tank that has a light cannon and machinegun.
4. Anti aircraft vehicle- with the biggest machinegun in the game these will destroy your infantry defenses.
5. Flame tank- a tank with a flamethrower on it, very good against infantry.
6. Anti tank Infantry- these guys have rocket launchers that will destroy tanks in a few hits.
Note- flame tanks and Anti tank infantry will not appear on the first level.
Those are the basics of the game, hope you enjoy it -Alex
Credit for sprites goes to PillboxPhil
and credit for music goes out to http://www.vgmusic.com/
Review This Download
http://homebrewgames.googlepages.com/RedAlert.zip (4.07 mkb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite