Prototype X (beta 1.1)
Submitted:|| 16th July, 2003
Edited By Muggus on 7/17/2003
It's been a while coming, and i'm probably going to disappoint some people when I say this game has been abandoned!
The truth of the matter is that this version is last you'll see of this old TGF version of the game because the engine is very buggy and hard to work with, and won't work on MMF without alot of work. This is why I'm restarting the entire thing, from scratch, in MMF.
As for this version what we have is:
- 9 levels full of plenty of gun blazing action.
- Tricky enemies, with the ability to use up to 30 different weapons to take you out.
- Boasts 48 different weapons to blast back at those enemies, some with multiple fire modes.
- 6 different skill levels, as well as the ability to play custom games just for a bit of fun and experimentation.
- Plenty of explosions, blood and the ability to blow through walls so you can make you own rules!
- Customisable weapons inventory. Mix and match up to 10 different weapons to have at your disposal, and swap for a bigger better weapon when you've got the chance.
...as well as a few other little things that probably arn't mentioning.
Solid sideview action for those who are up for a bit of a challenge.
Most of the controls are basically outlined in the game help. It's in-built TGF platform, so you should know the drill...
Arrows - Move
Space - Jump
Control - Primary fire
Shift - Secondary fire (if available)
Page Up/Down - Aim
Tab - Pickup weapon, item, use switch
Backspace - Drop weapon
1 to 0 keys - Select weapon slot
-, = and \ keys(after the numbers) - Use different sized medikits.
Left mouse - Aim
Apart from that it's pretty self explanatory. Shoot anything that shoots you. You have unlimited ammo, and if you die, you can restart the level.
In most levels the key is to press a switch and move on.
On the way you'll face enemies with progressively bigger guns, unless you play random custom games, where it's much more fun
I hope you enjoy it anyway. Tell me what you think, and what I could add to the new version.
...again...Note this version will no longer be continued...
New version will be quite similar in the game play ideals, but better graphics, better engine, more professional deal really.
As for my files...I hope my Geocities doesn't cark it...and my screenies are on Freewebs...so for both of them it'll either be Save as, or drag the link onto the address bar.
Muggus AKA Mike Morgan
Review This Download
http://www.geocities.com/muggus69/Proto.zip (4.218mb )
Please Note: The server this files is hosted on does not allow direct linking, if you are having trouble downloading this file, right-click the URL and select Save Target As.
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite