Submitted:|| 25th February, 2003
Edited By Spram on 7/14/2004
Hyper Quadrant is an adventure/plataformer similar to Eternal Daughter and Red Feud in genre. If you like those games then give mine a try. It has excellent graphics, a save feature and lots of DVD-like extras including a sound test and information about the game.
This is basically a sequel to my last ( ignored and underapreciated in my opinion ) game 4four Sprammy Edition, but A LOT better and bigger! You must deliver the isotopes you found in the first game to the scientists in the laboratory, but something terrible happens. Now you must travel across the solar system looking for the fiends who kidnapped the scientists and maybe find the makers of the deadly plague.
The game includes:
1. Non-linear interplanetary travel, once you beat the first level you can go to any planet you like (You may not get far without the necesary items, but the friendly barkeeper in Notanius may give you a clue).
2. Save feature.
3. Great graphics, even I like them.
4. Different items: Jetpack, armors, 3 different weapons and other wierd stuff.
5. Lots of special effects and subtle touches.
6. Dvd-like Extras, including a Music test in which you can listen to most of the music in the game.
7. Many Huge bosses (and a few little ones)
8. Different planets have different eco-systems.
9. More than 30 different kinds of enemies.
10. Hand-picked neat music found on the dark corners of the internet (heh).
11. 65 frames of plataforming goodness. (The entire game takes up 92 frames)
12. Spaceship travel.
The game starts in a small 320x200 window (for those who like it that way) but can be maximized to fit the entire screen.
It also contains many transparencies and gradients (and gradient transparencies) so people with slower computers may experience slowdown (it runs perfectly on mine so maybe I'm just saying).
Give this game a try, I can 98% guarantee you will not regret it. I worked hard on it and I hope you can tell. If you like this game then you can check out the first, which is nice and didn't get enough attention since the Daily Click had some technical problems that week.
You can also check out my friend's "Zaratustra"'s page which specializes in non-rpg "verge" games including the original 4four game: http://zara.verge-rpg.com
Review This Download
http://www.chispito.com/~guio/Ram/HQ.zip (5.18mb )
Is this worth a look? Let others know! Favourite